Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Oikos Greek Yogurt Carrot Protein Shake


Remember my post about Organic Stonyfield yogurts and my advocacy for organic foods,I was elated again when offered a free sample coupons for Oikos Greek yogurt,that is fat free with 10grams of protein in a 4oz container and available in delicious flavors such as chocolate,honey caramel and blueberry.
If the store were I shop had chocolate that would have been my first pick,but since it wasn't in stock,had to settle with blueberry as my next best choice.The blueberry oikos Greek yogurt blended with carrots and whey protein yielded one of the most delicious fat-free shakes by far,a perfect finish after a light afternoon or evening meal or even a nutritious start of the day.

Ingredients
4 oz fat free(0%) Oikos Greek yogurt(if using plain add a tablespoon of agave nectar)
2 cups skimmed milk
1 medium carrot,peeled and halved(cut in smaller pieces if using a standard blender)
1/2 cup Whey or Soy protein powder(I used chocolate flavored)
1 cup fresh or frozen berries

Method
Blend all the ingredients in a Vitamix until smooth and frothy,keep cold until serving time.

No comments:

Post a Comment